We seek to reach the hurting world around us with the love of JESUS!
At Lighthouse Bible Church we desire to reach the town of Vinton and Roanoke area with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire is to preach the Word of God without compromise, standing firm upon the Word of God to give us answers for the modern-day issues that we face with no desire to be politically correct. Our music is contemporary. Our message is challenging. Our God is the Champion that wins in the end.
We at Lighthouse Bible Church believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, the triune God- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ died as a substitute for sinners and that individuals are saved from the judgment of their sins by exercising personal faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in leading the lost to the Savior and empowering believers to reflect a lifestyle that is pleasing to God. We believe in the Rapture of the Church, the Second Coming of Christ and the Eternal Security of the believer. Click here to read more about our Statement of Faith.
What we envision:
We envision training our own congregation to confidently share the Gospel in various settings and to a variety of people. We envision training our congregation to effectively help believers to mature in Christ. We envision multitudes of new believers becoming committed members of Lighthouse Bible Church. We envision spreading the teaching of God’s Word in the community through Life Groups. We envision a congregation mobilized to serve the needs of others. We envision an ever-expanding missions outreach around the world through winning people to Christ, building them up in the Lord and sending them out to reach the part of the world in which the Lord plants them.
Our mission is broken down into three simple categories:
God has built into every cell of every living organism a blueprint for reproduction. DNA determines what an organism will be like and how it will reproduce. In fact, an organism can always be identified by its DNA. The same is true of Lighthouse Bible Church. Win, Build, Send is the DNA found in every movement of spiritual multiplication.
Therefore, Win, Build, Send provides the blueprint for our reproduction, making it possible to help advance the gospel throughout the Vinton area and unto the world to every child, student and adult. It is through Win, Build, Send that we will see God raise an ever-growing number of people who are changing, sharing, leading and owning the ministry.
What follows is what we hope every person involved with should experience on the most foundational level.
1. WIN: ENCOUNTERING CHRIST
We want to take the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leave the results to God.
At the most foundational level, we are always engaging others through:
- Prayer [Colossians 4:2-4; Acts 4:29]
- Initiating spiritual conversations [Colossians 4:5, 6; Acts 8:4]
- Sharing our own faith-story [1 Peter 3:15; John 4:39]
- Presenting the gospel [Acts1:8; Romans 1:16]
- Providing the opportunity to receive Christ [Acts 2:37-40; Romans 10:8-10]
2. BUILD: EXPERIENCING CHRIST
We want to model and communicate the Christ-centered life by helping others understand, experience and pass on the foundational concepts for Christian living.
At the most foundational level, we are always building Christ-centered disciples in:
- Assurance of salvation [1 John 5:11-13]
- God’s love and forgiveness [1 John 1:5-2:2]
- Filling of the Spirit [Ephesians 3:16, 17; 5:18]
- Walking in Spirit [Galatians 5:16-26]
- Prayer [Luke 11:1-13]
- The Word [2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Hebrews 4:12]
- Fellowship [Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:24-25]
- Witness [Acts 1:8;
- Colossians 4:2-6]
- Complete Surrender [Mark 8:34-38; Romans 12;1, 2]
- Great Commission [Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:45-49]
3. SEND: HELPING OTHERS ENCOUNTER AND EXPERIENCE CHRIST
We want to send Christ-centered laborers to engage in intentional evangelism and disciple-making all around the world.
At the most foundational level, we are always sending Christ-centered believers through:
- Praying for laborers [Matthew 9:35-38]
- Engaging people in personal witness [Luke 10:1-12]
- Coaching spiritual multiplication [2 Timothy 2:2]
- Encouraging students to discover and fulfill God’s personal calling for their lives [Ephesians 2:10]
- Sending laborers into a lifetime of spiritual multiplication and Great Commission ministry [2 Timothy 4:1-2, 5]
We must not over-complicate what the Lord wants us to consecrate in our every day lives. Visit us on Sundays and Wednesdays for worship. May the Lord expand the boundaries of your ministry in these last days.